Don & Low Ltd Privacy Statement
Thrace Group recognizes that privacy is important to you and is committed to protecting your personal data.
This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices of Don & Low LTD, “Personal Data” are data that identify you as an individual or relate to an identifiable individual.
Who we are
Don & Low is the UK based, and internationally renowned, manufacturer of innovative, high performance woven and nonwoven polyolefin technical textiles. Established in 1792, Don & Low’s international success has been based on an outstanding reputation for quality, the development of new technology and excellent customer service. Don & Low is part of the Thrace Group, whose products and solutions can be found in a variety of markets and applications, globally.
Glamis Road, Forfar
Angus, DD8 1FR
T +44 (0)1307 452200
Data Protection Officer:
Marinou Antypa 20,
Alimos 17455, Greece
T +30 210 9875 081
Thrace Group is a leading international group specializing in Technical Fabrics & Packaging Solutions is incorporated in Greece with headquarters at:
What personal data we process and where we collect if from
We collect and process different types of personal data which we receive from our customers in person or through other channels of communication such as our website, or in the frame of our business relationship. We may also collect and process personal data from publicly available sources such as commercial registers, the press, media and the Internet, which are lawfully obtained. The personal data we collect may include:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Date and place of birth
- Nationality, passport, visa or other government-issued identification data
Our website is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect information from children to sell or promote our products or services.
We process your personal data in accordance with the EU Regulations for one or more of the following reasons:
A. Necessary for the performance of a contract
- To carry out our obligations with respect to any contractual agreements between us with respect to information, products, and services that you may request from us,
- To process a job application,
- To fulfil any other agreements between us
- For compliance with a legal obligation
- Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time
B. Necessary for Thrace Group to comply with a legal obligation
- To fulfil our tax, accounting and reporting obligations.
C. To serve our and third-party legitimate business interests,
Legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. But even then such use is consistent with the fundamental rights of individuals, for example:
To provide you with effective customer service and technical support,
To respond to your requests,
To improve the security and usability of our website,
To execute business transactions with you,
To keep you updated on our new products and services.
D. You have given us your consent
Subject to a valid consent you have freely provided the lawfulness of such processing is based on that consent.
How we share your data
Your personal data may be provided to various service providers and suppliers. Those service providers and suppliers are bound by Data Processing Agreements, and they are obliged to safeguard confidentiality and data protection according to the data protection regulation.
Such service providers and suppliers may be:
- External legal consultants,
- Financial and business advisors,
- Cloud providers
- External auditors and accountants
- Marketing companies
- Outsourcing companies
- insurance companies
- IT companies
- freight forwarders
- recruiting partners
- the income tax authorities
- criminal prosecution authorities
Your personal data may be transferred to third countries in order to fulfil a legal or contractual obligation or because you have given us your consent. Processors in third countries are obligated to comply with the European data protection regulations and to provide appropriate safeguards in relation to the transfer of your data in accordance with GDPR Article 46.
We will process and store your Personal Data for the duration of our relationship with you, and as long as necessary to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations.
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for,
- for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements.
- We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation with respect to our relationship with you.
We will delete your data,
- Upon your request or objection, provided there are no overriding legal grounds requiring Thrace Group to maintain that information;
- If our collection of information was based on your consent, upon the withdrawal of your consent.
In executing our business activities, we do not use any automated decision-making. We may process some aspects of your data automatically, in order to enter into a business relationship with you.
We may process your personal data to tell you about products, services and offers that may be of interest to you or your business.
The personal data that we process for this purpose consists of information you provide to us and the data we collect when you use our services. We can only use your personal data to promote our products and services to you if we have your consent to do so or if we consider that it is in our legitimate interest to do so.
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes, which includes profiling.
You have the following rights in terms of your personal data:
- The right to request access to your Personal Data, you can ask to receive a copy of your data and to check if they are lawfully processed.
- The right to have your Personal Data corrected or erased;
- The right to object to or restrict the processing of your Personal Data, for example where such information is not accurate or no longer serve the purpose they were collected,
- The right to data portability, i.e. to receive a copy of your data in electronic form or to have your Personal Data transferred from us to another party;
- The right to object automated decision-making or profiling based on your Personal Data;
- The right to withdraw your consent, any withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before it was withdrawn by you.
- To exercise your rights please contact us at: (http://www.thracegroup.com/gr/en/contact-us/) or sent us a letter to the attention of the privacy department.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you have exercised any of your data protection rights and still feel that your concerns about how we use your personal data have not been adequately addressed by us. The competent authority is the UK Information Commissioner Office (ICO)
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement and related business practices at any time. We will notify you appropriately when we make changes to this privacy statement and we will amend the revision date.